Looking for a prom dress? Come to one of our Try On Days!
March 10th and March 17th
12PM – 3PM
526 Somerset St (downtown Johnstown)
Doors do not open until noon but a line does form outside prior to. Dresses are first come first served but we have over 1,000 dresses and sizes 0 – 30 so have no fear, we have enough for everyone!
Girls must bring proof of being high school age (i.e. license, work ID, school ID, recent report card). One dress per girl, accessories and shoes are only chosen once a dress is found.
There is very little room in the dressing spaces so please limit the number of family/friends attending.
This weekend is our first of the two Try On Days.
Here are some highlights and tips to make the most of your opportunity :
– Try On Days are March 18 & 25 – 12-3 PM
– Doors will not open until noon
– A line tends to form so plan ahead, it is first come first served, dress appropriately if it is cold because the line often extends outside for a period of time
– There are 800+ dresses on the racks size 0 – 28
– Girls must bring proof of being student age via school ID, driver’s license, report card, etc.
– Girls will be given a number upon entry and called up in groups of 10 to 15 at a time where they will work with a Fairy Godmother volunteer to try on dresses
– 1 dress per girl, shoes and accessories can only be chosen if you get a dress
– dresses are free of cost, no proof of income required
– we suggest that dresses are returned to the project after use and have been cleaned, this is to continue the cycle of giving
We look forward to seeing you!
Shop for your favorite LuLaRoe styles and support the Cinderella Project at the same time! Four local LuLaRoe consultants are hosting a sale with proceeds going to the JCP.
Richland After Prom is having a consignment sale with unsold items from those willing to donate going to the project.
From now through March 19th, drop off donations of dresses, shoes or jewelry at Red Lobster in Richland and receive a free half dozen of cheddar bay biscuits! A great cause and some great eats!
7 January 2017
Dress collection at The American Red Cross Lifesaver’s Ball. Donations of new or gently used, clean and current in style dresses, shoes and accessories can be dropped off at Richland Firehall from 9am – 3pm.
Those wishing to donate blood can sign up at www.redcrossblood.org and use sponsor code Lifesavers.
Items can be shipped to the Johnstown PA YWCA at 526 Somerset Street, Johnstown, PA 15901
Coming Soon! Be sure to subscribe with your email address and watch for our LuLaRoe fundraiser in February that will benefit the JCP.
It’s almost here! Our 2015 Dress Try-On Days are coming soon on March 21 and 28 from 12PM to 3PM at the YWCA in downtown Johnstown (526 Somerset St.).
Our racks are filled with so many gorgeous dresses this year and our fairygodmother volunteers can’t wait to help you find that perfect look.
Things to remember:
- Identification upon check-in to show proof that you are of high school age
- Doors will not open until noon and a line does begin to form about an hour before
- Numbers will be given as you come in the door and girls will be called up in groups of 10 to 15 at a time (this is due to dressing room space)
- One dress per girl, no matter how many proms you are attending
Please be patient, while the line may seem long at first, once we get started things move quickly and most girls are moved through within an hour.
We have limited space so we ask that you consider bringing no more than two friends/family members with you. Men are not permitted in the dressing areas.
Rudeness will not be tolerated, disrespect towards volunteers, YW staff, other patrons or the project in general will result in the request to leave.